Workout 1 & 2
20 squat clean & jerks (185lbs)
15 squat clean & jerks (205lbs)
10 squat clean & jerks (225lbs)
15 squat clean & jerks (205lbs)
10 squat clean & jerks (225lbs)
5min rest
9 rounds
15 hang snatch (135lbs)
15 toes-to-bar
15 hang snatch (135lbs)
15 toes-to-bar
Went really well on workout 1. I ended up doing 2 sets of 4 TnG @ 185. I did a set of 3 and 3 singles @ 205. Then a set 2 @ 225. We got 2nd on this one with a time of like 4:15, only behind 1st place by like :07. We had a lot of rest before workout 2. We did 5 snatches each throughout and then each guy did 3 unbroken set of the 15ttb. We held our pace. everything felt good. We relaxed our transitions too much, finished like 10:30 which got us 3rd. We were 3rd overall after 2 workouts.
My warm up was really good. Hips and shoulder were ready for both of these. I also felt really good afterwards. I need to work on a better cool down though. I mean I do stay moving, but I really never row for a few minutes or anything like that.
Workout 3 & 4
6 rounds
12 bar muscle ups
16 synchro burpees over bar
16 partner deadlifts (405lbs)
12 bar muscle ups
16 synchro burpees over bar
16 partner deadlifts (405lbs)
Our original plan for workout 3 was to switch everything every 4 reps. constant rotation. Both the team ahead of us were in the last heat and we went before them so we were at a disadvantage. So we decided to bump it up and do 6/6 on bar MUs. Switch every 8 reps on burpees and still with every 4 on DL. It meant there were 2 rounds where you were doing all 16 of burpees that round but all the reps were still split evenly. Held our pace the whole time, But I ended up having to do almost all the burpees and DL in the final round, cause other guys were dying. 12:00 was time and we beat all the teams by over 1 minute on the workout. We were all crushed after trying to get our breathe before workout 4. But since we were behind we had to go all out.
5min rest
200 double unders
75 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
150 double unders
60 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
125 double unders
45 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
100 double unders
75 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
150 double unders
60 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
125 double unders
45 single arm alternating dumbbell squat snatches (50lbs)
100 double unders
So the original plan was for me to not do any DB snatches and 90% of the DUs. Both my teammates looked at me right before the start as they were sucking wind and they were like "you gotta do some snatches". I had only warmed up a little for the snatches. Hilarious. I ended up doing a set of 10 in each round of snatches and they got better as I got deeper in the workout. DUs were perfect and I never tripped. We finished just under cap 14:20. I felt great afterwards, I recovered as the workout went on.
We ended up tying for 1st overall but the put us second because the other team had more 1st place finishes. I didn't care too much as my goal for the day was see how how I felt throughout, test recovery and see how I would feel in the following days. I can say, writing this Monday that while I am definitely sore, I feel good. Definitely a success all around. Looking forward to a few easier days and just solid training and doing some prep for Murph.
No comments:
Post a Comment